Deadline: 31 December 2008.
University of the West Indies
Lecturer in Cultural Studies
Department of Liberal Arts
St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Faculty of Humanities and Education
Applications are invited for this post
A good first degree in the Humanities or Fine Arts and a PhD in disciplines or interdisciplinary studies relevant to Cultural Studies and with emphasis on Cultural Theory.
- Experience in teaching at the tertiary level as well as a solid record of research and publication
- Expertise in programme administration and in the development of web-based programmes would be an asset
- Experience in graduate supervision at Masters and PhD levels is imperative
- Teaching at undergraduate, but especially graduate levels
- Supervision of graduate research in Cultural Studies
- Collaborative design and offering of a taught interdisciplinary masters
- Development of a web-based programme
- Leadership in theorizing Caribbean Culture, supporting community outreach and contributing to the national, regional and international reputation of the Department
- Creating and maintaining regional and international academic collaboration.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong research and publication history.
Detailed applications (two copies) should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies. Fax +1-868-645-3275. Full particulars of qualifications, experience, date of birth, nationality, marital status and the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be from your present organisation) must be indicated. Further particulars of the post and application forms can be obtained at the above address and at http://www.sta.uwi.edu. These particulars are also available from Association of Commonwealth Universities (56477), Woburn House, 20-24 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HF (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 020 7387 2655; tel: 020 7380 6706). In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 DECEMBER 2008.